I scoffed when they fabled me. Fictionalized and unstable. Inconclusive is the evidence and I remain the song of souls.
Riddled again, I missed my mark. Or the men, they missed me, as I traveled with my eyes open. Buying time for forgiveness and sanctity. Giving in at the end.
Hot headed fathers. The work to be done. I'm fine lined and weak for the future. My time coming once, and again, I dread the mission at hand. All the villainy in white collars. The soft touch in dirty fingers. I'm alone. And you can't come with me.
Try by fire to see wisps of something intimate. The kissed backhands of truth. Mired sweetness in mourning. I am alive, you know? Fury at my side. Lies in the tongues at your cheeks. Serenity in smiles. A trouble here and you'll learn failure. An answer there and you learn nothing.
Come lesson with a bad blade, and teach goodwill. I need fighters, not yes men. I need options of reality.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment